The NJ-Series Machine Automation Controller is at the heart of the new Sysmac platform.
Powerful Power Supply Unit to supply steady electric power to NJ series controller
Basic I/O Units are available for essentially any application and wiring method.
Special I/O and communications units for temperature control, analog control, ID sensing and other types of machine control.
Special I/O and communications units for DeviceNet, serial communications, and other network communications.
Sysmac: A fully integrated platform
Integration and Functionality
Sysmac is an integrated automation platform dedicated to providing complete control and management of your automation plant. At the core of this platform, the Machine Controller series offers synchronous control of all machine devices and advanced functionality such as motion, robotics and database connectivity. This multidisciplinary concept allows you to simplify solution architecture, reduce programming and optimize productivity.
One Machine Controller
Complete integration of motion and logic sequence
One Integrated Development
Environment software for Configuration, Programming, Simulation and Monitoring
Integrated Automation Control:
The Sysmac platform is scalable and provides the performance and functionality for a wide range of solutions from simple machines through to manufacturing cells
• Motion Control: Integrated within the IDE, and operating in real-time
• Standard PLCopen Function Blocks plus Omron generated motion FB’s
• Direct Synchronous control for Position, Speed and Torque
• The simplest way to integrate safety improves productivity and safety
• The PLCopen® safety FB’s simplify and accelerate the development process
• Higher resolution images available without increasing the vision processing time
• Shape search technology: Provides more stable and accurate object detection for Pick & Place projects
• One controller integrates two different types of engines, one based on cyclic scanning (PLC feature) and another based on procedural programming (robot feature), providing direct control of robots
• Full control of the process parameter setting and predictive maintenance functions
• High precision detection and positioning data synchronized on the network
• Sysmac communicates in real-time with Databases such as SQL
• Secure Data: In the event of a server going down or losing communications, data is automatically stored in internal memory
• Sysmac operates with Databases at high speed [1000 table element/ 100 ms] ensuring realistic Big Data Processing to improve productivity and aid predictive maintenance etc.
Seamless machine control and factory automation
One machine control through one connection and one software is how we define the Sysmac automation platform. The Machine Automation Controller integrates logic, motion, safety, robotics, vision, information, visualization and networking under one software: Sysmac Studio. This one software provides a true Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that also includes a custom 3D motion simulation tool. The machine controller comes standard with built-in EtherCAT and EtherNet/IP. The two networks with one connection purpose and integrated safety are the perfect match between fast real time machine control and data plant management.
EtherCAT - Machine Control
• Redundancy minimizes downtime
• Flexible system configuration using a variety of slaves
• Fast and precise: Fastest cycle time of 125 μs, synchronization with 1 μs jitter
• 512 slaves
• Embedded in Omron servo drive, inverter, I/O, Safety, Vision and Sensing
• Uses standard STP Ethernet cable with RJ45 connectors
• One connection using Safety over EtherCAT (FSoE) protocol
Ethernet - Factory Automation
• Peer-to-Peer controller communication
• Interface with Sysmac Studio , NA HMI or SCADA software
• Database connection for Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2, MySQL and Firebird
• FTP server
• Safety integrated via CIP Safety
One Integrated Development Environment Software
Created to give you complete control over your automation system, Sysmac Studio integrates configuration, programming and monitoring. Graphics-oriented configuration allows quick set-up of the controller, field devices and networks while machine, motion, and safety programming based on IEC standard and PLCopen® Function Blocks for Motion Control and Safety cuts programming time. Smart Editor with On-line debugging helps quick and error free programming. Advanced simulation of sequence and motion control, and data trace reduce machine tuning and set-up.
One Machine Controller [NJ/NX/NY Machine Automation Controller]
Powerful, yet easy to configure
The NJ/NX/NY Controller is at the heart of the Sysmac platform. One integrated controller is designed to meet extreme requirements in terms of logic sequence and motion control speed and accuracy. Standard programming and open networks make it easy to build your automation system.
High-speed, high-precision control *1
Architecture based on Intel® CoreTM i7 processor significantly speeds up the execution of instructions (basic instructions 0.37 ns, math instructions for Long Real Data 3.2 ns). Command values to send to servomotors and stepper motors can be updated as fast as every 125 μs.
This enables smooth cam motion and high-precision interpolation and phase adjustment between axes.
Complete integration of motion and logic
One controller integrates logic, motion, vision and information for complete control and management of machines. Position, displacement, and tension information collected from sensors can be quickly and easily fed back to the motion control.
Integrated safety into machine control*3
The controller integrates safety control into machine control in lines that require fast cycle times. It also integrates two different open networks: EtherNet/IP for safety control in production lines and EtherCAT for safety control in machines.
Collection of software functional components Sysmac Library
• FB library option for advanced applications (vibration suppression, temperature control, motion control...)
• High quality products with reliable global support
*1. Performance of NX701-100
*2. Based on Omron investigation in February 2015.
*3. Performance of NX102- and NX-SL500
*4. Database connection CPU unit: NX102-20/NJ01-20
*5. Performance of NX701-1/NX102-/NJ501-100
*6. Performance of NX102-
Drive machine innovation by increasing speed and precision and maximizing uptime
Case 1: High-speed alignment and vibration-free handling
1. Precisely stacking many sheets increases cycle time because retries caused by mechanical errors increase positioning time.
2. Vibration settling time is required when high-speed handling is stopped. Speed must be reduced to suppress vibration.
1. High-speed, high-precision alignment system
The FH Vision System provides the Shape Search function for fast and accurate shape recognition and Visual Feedback that feeds back the current position to control the motor in every measurement cycle. These increase alignment speed without sacrificing accuracy.
Visual Feedback Alignment Library
2. Software functional components for vibration suppression
The Vibration Suppression Library facilitate programming for high-speed handling while suppressing vibration. Waiting time is reduced, and positional accuracy is increased.
Vibration Suppression Library
Case 2: Redundancy minimizes downtime
1. It takes time to recover from an unexpected production line stop, significantly reducing uptime.
2. The safety system stops the entire line due to disconnection or other causes even when there is no danger.
Even if a part of the EtherCAT network is disconnected, Cable Redundancy provides continuous connectivity. This function allows you to fix disconnection without stopping the machines and production line where one controller provides both machine and safety control.
The line stops only when operators are in danger, which ensures safety.